June 7th, 2022
Mechanical Designer — New Grad
Candidates must submit their applications for this role via LinkedIn. Click here to apply.
mcCallumSather is currently looking for a Mechanical Designer – New Grad who shares our passion for sustainability and is equally excited about the chance to be in on designs from day one, with projects that require you to think out of the box and collaborate with architects and consultant teams to solve complex challenges on projects across Canada. Located in Hamilton, Buffalo, and Kincardine, we have a diverse range of clients, specialties, and typologies to explore, including award-winning designs recognized for their engineering as well as architectural excellence.
Our mechanical team enjoys this unique, integrated, and inclusive atmosphere, with flexible workplace opportunities. From LEED to Net Zero certified projects, our team was the first to work on a large private mixed-use Net Zero Energy, Zero Carbon and LEED Gold Facility – Endress Hauser. This is just one example of projects that continue to challenge the status-quo, and their efforts are equally celebrated through awards such as “Best Mechanical Engineering Award” for our office design in 2019.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of an extensive training program, continuous learning, and to work on different typologies with exposure to a variety of systems and buildings, as part of an amazing, talented team of sustainable leaders, we are the place for you!
About The Role
As the successful candidate you will forge your career path as a participant in a structured training program that has been designed for accelerated learning experiences that build the foundation for a successful career as part of our team.
Playing an important part in the design team, the Mechanical Designer – New Grad is a team player, with initiative, who will be responsible for supporting the Engineering department to assist with project deliverables.
- Diploma – Technologist, Mechanical / Building Science / Building Systems
- Project Portfolio to demonstrate CAD and Revit experience and capabilities
- Work directly with and support Intermediate and Senior personal
- Assist with the preparation of contract drawings, schedules, details, and sketches from conceptual design, through to tender and construction
- Follow CAD/Revit BIM MEP Standards during drawing planning and production
- Adhere to Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures during drawing planning and production
- Basic understanding of the Ontario Building Code, ASHRAE, NFPA, and industry standards
- Basic understanding of HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection and medical gases
- Work to and meet project timelines
- Quality of work meets / exceeds requirements and specifications of the Lead Mechanical Engineer, project architects / engineers
- Project work is completed on time.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and grow skills in CAD/Revit BIM MEP and mechanical design
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Basic understanding of construction protocols and processes
- General understanding and knowledgeable with AutoCAD and MS Office along with experience in Revit.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivated individual who works independently
- An enthusiastic team player who loves challenges, thrives on hard work, and looks forward to sharing in the rewards of corporate and personal success with a team environment
- Willingness to continue education in industry related programs
- Ability to handle stressful situations in an amicable manner
Minimum Requirements – Education / Licensing / Certifications
- College Diploma – Architectural Technology or Mechanical Engineering
Additional Preferred Skills and Assets
- Advanced courses in Revit BIM MEP