April 14th, 2023
Endress+Hauser Customer Experience Centre Wins National Sustainable Design Award
We are thrilled to share the Endress+Hauser Customer Experience Centre is the winner of a SAB Canadian Green Building 2023 Award, in the category of Commercial/Industrial (Large).
“This project is notable for setting and pursuing high environmental performance goals: achieving Net Zero Carbon and awaiting confirmation of LEED Gold certification. The interior addresses the health and wellbeing of employees through its socially-focused program organization and brightly lit interior spaces. The positive response has catalyzed broader changes at its parent company in Switzerland.” Jury Comments
The new Customer Experience Centre in Burlington, ON is a 47,000 sq.ft., $32 million project. The project began with a LEED Silver target, Endress+Hauser’s standard at the time. Through a collaborative approach with its highly engaged technical team; we were able to explore how far we could go with our sustainability targets and push boundaries. The data presented won unanimous buy in from their headquarters in Switzerland who chose to pursue LEED Gold and Net Zero Certification simultaneously, the first private company in Canada to do so. Given the success of the project, Endress+Hauser has set a new international standard for all new projects internationally.
Congratulations to the full team on this exciting recognition!
- Architecture/Mechanical Engineering/Interior Design & LEED/Net Zero Facilitation: mcCallumSather
- Structural/Electrical Engineering: WSP
- Energy Consultants: RWDI
- Civil: MTE Consultants Inc.
- Landscape: GSP
- Solar Energy: Zon Engineering Inc.
- Geothermal: Geo-Xergy Systems
- Noise Engineer: Novus Environmental (now part of SLR)
- Construction Management: G.S. Wark Construction
- Owner’s Representative: Genesis Property Development, Inc.