The Cotton Factory
The Cotton Factory was originally built in 1900 and noted as one of the most complete historic mill complexes that still exists in the country. Its owners recognized the potential to transform the complex into a creative hub within the city, a new landmark for the city’s art and film community.
Starting with a master plan, the evolution of The Cotton Factory has been a multi-year, multi-phased project including the outfitting of various office designs, mechanical upgrades and designating the facility as a historic landmark in Ontario. One of the award-winning designs at that time was a new co-working space on the third floor, designed to serve as office space for its growing community of creative professionals and studio artists. The design included a kitchen, exhibition space for small shows and presentations, and provided a professional, client friendly space for meetings, events, and workshops.